NICHOLAS MARKETS FOODTOWN
REACHING SIX-FIGURE VIEWS ON SUPERMARKET’S POP-UP RESTAURANT VIDEO
Nicholas Markets Foodtown had a problem. The supermarket, which is based in New Jersey, knew the prepared foods made in its delicatessen and catering department were the most delicious in the entire neighborhood. Only, not everyone in the community knew that restaurant quality food was right on their doorstep. This is where we come in. How can we create more awareness? Our first thought was “Let’s bring the restaurant experience to the supermarket.”.
So we did.
- Our first order of business was ditching conventional supermarket marketing methods, ignoring products and prices in favor of a creative approach to showcase Nicholas Markets’ range of delicious prepared foods
- We created a unique and memorable experiences for shoppers, serving a VIP meal at a pop-up restaurant complete with candlelit table inside their local supermarket
- The supermarket spared no expense to make our unsuspecting diners feel like true royalty, hiring a waiter to provide white glove service and a professional violinist.
- The video generated over 150,000 views and 400 likes, comments and shares on Facebook
- This campaign made Nicholas Markets truly stand out from the crowd, reminding employees and customers they work for and shop at a forward-focused supermarket
- Everybody in the neighborhood now had a reason to believe a trip to the supermarket can be a treasured experience.